Mr. Noel Mason is leading this year’s Team Hope Shoe Box Appeal here at C.W.C. Take a few minutes out to put together a Christmas Box and give a needy child the Christmas they deserve.
Follow the instructions below and when you’re ready just drop off your Wrapped Shoebox to Mr. Mason or to his room in the music department (Old Science Block) by Saturday 9th November.
WHAT DO I DO?
- Get an average size shoebox (or a plastic storage container would also be great), and wrap it with Christmas paper. Please wrap the box and lid separately
- Choose who you’d like to receive your gift – a boy or a girl, in one of three age groups: 2-4 years, 5-9 years or 10-14 years
- Cut out the appropriate sticker from our promotional leaflet, available from your local teams, or by calling 01 2940222 (or download it from this website), and stick it to the top of your box
- Fill your box with appropriate gifts
- Include €4* (in the attached envelope, either on top of the gifts, or taped to the inside of the lid).
- Close the box with an elastic band, but please don’t seal it with tape, as we need to check it
- Drop the box into your local drop off point before November 11th.
* Your €4 goes towards the promotion, transport, processing and distribution of your shoebox. Anything extra you can give is very welcome and will be used by Team Hope in our year round work with similar needy children and families in the same countries.
WHAT CAN I PUT IN MY BOX ?
Please put in a selection of small gifts from the options below: (but out of respect for the children we ask that all items be new, or good as new)
TO WRITE – Items for school – like a pen, pencil, copy book, paper, colouring book, felt pens, sharpener, eraser, solar calculator.
TO WASH – Some hygiene items – toothbrush and toothpaste, soap (wrapped please), facecloth, hairbrush, comb.
TO WEAR – Small clothing items – a hat, scarf, gloves, socks or underwear
WOW ! – A treat – sunglasses, game, small Irish gift, a photo of yourself, sweets (must be in date until at least March 2014), make up, a small musical instrument, toys like a doll, a car, cuddly toy, skipping rope, yo-yo, a finger puppet.
PLEASE DON’T PUT IN:
Food (apart from sweets), chocolate, medicines of any kind, war related items, large clothing items, anything breakable, any liquids that could spill or freeze, sharp items, scary things (like Hallowe’en stuff, or skull and crossbones or books with words.
We reserve the right to remove any items listed above that are not suitable or dangerous for the receiving child.
See Team Hope Site for more details http://secure.teamhope.ie/csa